Have you ever wanted to meditate but just didn't know where to start? Well, it’s easier than you think!
All it takes is 5 minutes of your time for some deep breathing and relaxation.
You might be thinking "I don't have the time!" But what if I told you that this will make life better?
Let's cut the excuses and get started on taking care of ourselves first so we can take care of our children after.
Steps to Mediate
- Find a comfortable place to sit
- Close your eyes and focus on your breathing, concentrating on the air entering and exiting your lungs.
- As you breathe in, say "I am calm" or "I am at peace." As you exhale, say "I release all my worries." Repeat until you feel relaxed.
- Imagine yourself somewhere peaceful - this could be walking through a forest or sitting by the ocean.
- Take deep breaths as often as necessary to keep yourself grounded in the moment.
- When you're ready to come back to reality, open your eyes slowly and take time for yourself before getting up from that space.
That’s it! Meditation can be as simple and easy as taking a few minutes to find your breath.
Whether you do this at home or in the office doesn't matter - it's about how much time you take for yourself.
And if even 5 minutes is too long? That may not seem like enough of a commitment right now, but it will make all the difference when stress levels are high and anxiety starts creeping up on you.
If your anxiety does not resolve with these basic steps, don’t hesitate to call one of our therapists who can help address any underlying issues that need attention.